Almonds: A healthy substitute for conventional snacking options, generally high in sugar, almonds can be enjoyed anytime. Almonds are rich in anti-oxidants and have zero cholesterol. They are known to provide relief from constipation, respiratory issues and heart disorders, besides being great for hair, skin and teeth.
Almonds boast an impressive nutrient profile. A 1-ounce (28-gram) serving of almonds contains :
- Fibre: 3.5 grams
- Protein: 6 grams
- Fat: 14 grams (9 of which are monounsaturated)
- Vitamin E: 37% of the RDI
- Manganese: 32% of the RDI
- Magnesium: 20% of the RDI
- They also contain a decent amount of copper, vitamin B2 (riboflavin) and phosphorus.